Saturday, March 12, 2011

Inhibitions of a writer


First of all I have to apologise to you all for calling myself a writer. Don’t take it as my arrogance or ego…….it’s simply lack of vocabulary. I, very well know that I am no way near being a writer………though I dream of becoming one ( some day ! ).  I am very happy to say that this blog has quite a few number of regular readers……and many of them occasionally call me up and share their thoughts too.  Some encourage me as if I am going to be the next booker prize winner , thank you for those kind words – I know it’s just a pat on my back to do better, and some terribly criticising  me – another way to show me the right path. Either case I am sure from my blog statistics that I have readers form countries like Russia and Netherlands even – may be my friends who went abroad.  Again, apologies, this is not meant to be a bill board for my blog. I am sharing these with you only because, for the point that I want to make - these are important.
                                Like I said earlier, yesterday I was chatting with my cousin about the blog on feminism – he didn’t like the views, it seems. After arguing each other's part for almost twenty minutes we both agreed it is not going to take us anywhere and decided to wrap it up, but he had a demand, rather request – I should blog about the girls in my life, and he meant “girls”, yeah pleural.  I don’t think he wants to make a fool out me in front of the world, but rather he wants me to express my conclusions and opinions about them. Even I personally think that I have lot of insights to share on the topic, not that I had lot of “girls” but rather I always felt that I looked at those matters from a different angle.  An open blog on that topic based on cognitive perspective will defiantly be solid stuff.  BUT……do I have the guts to do it…..? When he asked me to, the first thought that went through my mind is: I shouldn’t be doing it, it would be suicidal.  I was afraid what my readers would say, was afraid that it might hurt your feelings – especially ladies. Not that I have got a negative opinion or a long list of imperfections or complaints but there are certain universal truths which when discussed will bleed.

                                I am just an amateur blogger, and at the most I could get 60 visitors a day.  Still I don’t have the courage to write fearlessly. This leaves me with two conclusions:

1)      Hats off to those brave writers who believed in the beauty of their ideas and wrote fearlessly – all revolutions and leaps in progress started from either writings or art forms.

2)      A tear drop for those nameless thousand brilliant writers who the world never knew because of their inhibitions.

                                Where will I belong and where will you? Only time will tell, and may I receive the gift of valliance, if it’s my destiny to be a writer.

0 comments: