Monday, January 24, 2011

ഒരു തുള്ളി കണ്ണുനീര്‍, അവള്‍ക്കായി....

             Today's post is special for me.....my confession can wait. The university of life has its unique ways.....sometimes lessons have to learned the hard way......today i am penning down the last lines of a glorious chapter in my life. This chapter taught me a lot. Summing it all up in just one single word " lot " is totally an understatement.  I am writing this blog seated on the steps outside, just the light of the laptop screen - barely enough to see the keyboard. Soft cools breeze....night sky dotted with stars......sound of frogs from the paddy field next to my house......the world outside is so peaceful and soothing.

               I have come across this phrase many a time: " The greatest thing you will ever learn is to love, and be loved in return" I can't agree to that. To love, to be loved is just too common and besides even the worst human can return love if ' loved '. ( I know that in itself is a debate ). My point is different. What is LOVE ? Hmm.....i know what you are thinking..........i am not a fool to try defining LOVE. But i can, by all means, declare i have felt 100 % unadulterated love ........./ in my life.

                Once in KIMS- Kerala Institute of Medical Science. My mom was in the medical ICU, in life support systems. The whole world thought she was lost. Everyone was preparing for the worst - there seated in front of that MICU I, for the first time in my life felt what real love is. I LOVE YOU MY MOM. I should say that true love can be seen only through eyes fogged with tears. Only when you are about to loose you realize how much you loved. The pain that shatters your heart into a thousand fragments makes you feel love.

The following Malayalam poem is not my original work. I am not sure of the source,  had it with me for the last three years, scribbled on a piece of paper.



തിമിർത്തുപെയ്യുന്ന മഴ,
മഴയ്ക്ക് തനിയാവർത്തനങ്ങൾ ഇല്ല,
അതിന് ഒരിക്കലേ പെയ്തു തീരുവാൻ ആകു,
ഒന്ന് മറ്റൊന്നിനെ തുടർച്ചയാണ് എന്നുള്ളത്,
ആരുടെയോ വെറും മൊഴി.

പിന്നീട് വരുന്നത് മറ്റൊരു മഴ,
ആ മഴയ്ക്ക് ആദ്യം പെയ്തമഴയെ,
ഓർമ്മിപ്പിക്കാൻ കഴിയൂ,
ആദ്യമായി അറിഞ്ഞ് മഴ ആകുവാൻ കഴിയില്ല.

ആദ്യമായി അറിഞ്ഞ മഴയ്ക്ക്,
ഒരിക്കൽ മാത്രമേ പെയ്യുവാൻ ആകൂ,
ഒരിക്കൽ മാത്രമേ തൊരുവാൻ ആകൂ.



           Oooh Malayalam typing is too difficult. Please forgive me,  there will be mistakes, this is my first attempt. 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too good man!!!....and you say that you're not a good writer...

Just keep your creativity flowing. And please add some blogs on your romantic trysts, adventures, and of course computers....